Name: Mustafa Boutros Hamarneh
Place and Year of Birth: Zarka, Jordan, February 26, 1953
Licenciatura in Economics from the University of Madrid in 1978.
M.A. in History from Georgetown University, Washington, DC in 1981.
Ph.D. in History from Georgetown University, Washington, DC in 1985.
- Chairman/Director General of Al Mada Company of Press & Journalism (Al-Sijill Newspaper/ Magazine) (since 2008)”
- Member of Parliament in the Jordanian House of Representatives (2013-2016).
- Director of the Center for Strategic Studies (CSS) at the University of Jordan (1992-1999) and (2000-2007). The Center for Strategic Studies was the first local institution to conduct opinion polls.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of The Radio and Television Corporation 2004 – 2006.
- Senior Researcher at the CSS (1999-2000).
- Associate Professor of History at the University of Jordan 1988-2002.
- Adjunct Professor, History Department at Georgetown University 1985-1987.
- He founded the Turjuman Foundation, an organization that promotes the translation and publication of the work of non-Arab social scientists.
- One of the founding members of the EuroMeSCo (The Euro-Mediterranian Study Comission) in 1996, a network of foreign policy centers from 27 countries concerned with the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
- Director of the Jordan Media Group at the Royal Hashemite Court (1991-1992).
- He has important research and contributions on several topics, including the transition towards democracy, Jordan's modern and contemporary history, and the Jordanian-Palestinian relationship with regards to both its internal and external dimensions. Those include:
- "Jordan responds to the Gulf crisis" in Phyllis Bennis and Michel Moushabeck (Editors), Beyond the Storm: A Gulf Crisis Reader, New York: Olive Branch Press, 1991.
- "Jordan's Political Developments and Foreign Policy: A Brief Historical Overview", in: Parallel Study of the Political Economic Model of Jordan and Korea, Institute of the Middle East, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, 1992.
- "Mandatory Economic Policies in Jordan 1921-1946", in Mustafa B. Hamarneh (Editor), Jordan Economy: Problems & Prospects, Center for Strategic Studies, University of Jordan, 1995.
- "Amman in English Travel Accounts of the 19th century", published in Dirasat, The Deanship of Academic Research, University of Jordan, volume 22 A, number 4, August 1995.
- Hamarneh et al, Jordanian Palestinian Relations: Where To? Four Scenarios for the Future, The Royal Institute for International Affairs, London, 1997.
Also two versions in Arabic language where published by the Center for Strategic Studies in Amman, and the Center of Palestine Research and Studies in Nablus.
- "The Transformation from Nomadism into Settlement in Balqa, Karak and Ajloun Districts, 1851-1950", in Studies in the Social History of Jordan, Amman: Center for Alurdun Al-Jadid, 2003.
- “Revisiting the Arab Street: Research from Within”, Center for Strategic Studies, University of Jordan,2005.
- “Egypt 2011: From Movement to Revolution”, Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, 2011.
- مشروع المجتمع المدني والتحول الديموقراطي في الوطن العربي : حالة الأردن، مركز ابن خلدون للدراسات الانمائية، القاهرة، جمهورية مصر العربية 1995.
- معان: أزمة مفتوحة ، مركز الدراسات الاستراتيجية ، الجامعة الأردنية ،2003
- البلديات في الأردن: ضعف الاستراتيجية وهيمنة المرحلية، مركز الدراسات الاستراتيجية، الجامعة الأردنية ، 2004.